Reliance Jio has launched JioMeet, another video conferencing app for India. JioMeet is a cross-platform administration, which means it is bolstered on all major operating frameworks including Android, iOS, Windows 10, macOS and the web. In this article, we’ll be taking a more critical gander at JioMeet. At the outset, the app looks a ton like Zoom, which has detonated in popularity during the progressing pandemic. JioMeet wants to be India’s Zoom and we’re going to disclose to you everything you need to know about the app.
What is JioMeet
JioMeet is another video conferencing app. In contrast to Zoom, JioMeet is absolutely free at the present time and accompanies features, for example, video calls with up to 100 participants, screen-sharing, booked meetings, and so on.
How to download JioMeet
JioMeet is a cross-platform video conferencing app that you can download on iPhone by visiting the App Store, and via Google Play on Android gadgets. You can also download the JioMeet app on Windows, or Mac. In addition, in the event that you don’t wish to download the app, at that point you can also access JioMeet on upheld programs — Google Chrome and Firefox by visiting its site.
How to create an account on JioMeet
You can create a JioMeet account via versatile or desktop app. Follow these means.
On the off chance that you’ve already downloaded the app, feel free to launch the app.
- On the home-screen, tap Sign Up > enter your name and email/ mobile number > agree to the company’s terms and conditions and tap Done.
- On the next screen, you’ll be required to enter an OTP, if you registered via your mobile number or you’ll have to verify your email account by visiting your mailbox if you chose to register via email.
Additionally, you can also pursue JioMeet through the web. Just visit the site, jiomeetpro.jio.com/home on Google Chrome or Firefox. When the site is loaded, hit Sign Up and repeat the earlier advances.
How to host or join a meeting
Follow these means to have another meeting on JioMeet via your smartphone.
Open the app > log in > tap New Meeting.
On the following screen, select on the off chance that you wish to keep your video on or off. Underneath that, you’ll see a toggle that says, Use Personal Meeting ID. Turn it on to generate your personal meeting ID and password.
Once done, tap Start Meeting. To invite participants, tap Participants > tap Invite > you can either copy the link and manually share it or you can simply tap supported app and then select a user to share the link with.
To start another meeting on a PC, follow these means.
- Open the app > log in > click the down arrow next to New Meeting and check both the options > click New Meeting to get started.
- To invite participants, click Participants > click Invite > click the mentioned email services to go ahead or you can copy the URL or invitation and send it to others via other available services such as WhatsApp Web or Facebook Messenger.
You can also have a meeting via JioMeet’s site via these means.
Visit the site, jiomeetpro.jio.com/home > sign in > click Host a Meeting.
To welcome participants, repeat the means recommended for the JioMeet desktop app.
Similarly, to join a meeting on JioMeet — in case you’re utilizing the administration on a smartphone, follow these means.
- Open the app > tap Join a Meeting. You don’t need to be signed in to join a meeting on JioMeet.
- Presently feel free to enter the Meeting ID > enter your name > audit your joining choices > tap Join Meeting > enter the meeting password and you’re all set.
Repeat the same strides for joining a meeting on JioMeet app on your PC.
Apart from this, on the off chance that you wish to join a meeting via the web, look at these means.
Visit jiomeetpro.jio.com/home on Google Chrome or Firefox > click Join a Meeting > enter the meeting ID and snap Join.
On the following screen, click the snap here button. Presently click start from your program. Presently, enter the meeting password and your name and hit Join.
How to plan a meeting
To plan another meeting on JioMeet via your smartphone, this is what you need to do.
- Open the app > sign in > tap Schedule.
- On the following screen, enter the meeting topic, alter when the meeting starts and its duration.
- Underneath you will discover Meeting alternatives and Advanced choices, you can enable or disable the ones according to your inclination. Finally, tap Done to plan your meeting.
- To access and manage a planned meeting, tap Meetings > tap the one that you’d prefer to manage > select in the event that you want to start the meeting, add it to your calendar, add invitees or erase it.
To plan a meeting via JioMeet on your PC, follow these means.
- Open the app > sign in > click Schedule.
- Next, enter the meeting topic, alter the duration, alter the video alternatives, pick on the off chance that you wish to add the meeting to Outlook, alter the Advanced choices and hit Schedule. Your booked meetings appear on the app’s homescreen.
- To access and manage a planned meeting, click the three-dabs symbol directly close to a meeting > pick your action according to your inclination.
Lastly, to plan a meeting on JioMeet via the web, this is what you need to do.
- Visit jiomeetpro.jio.com/home on Google Chrome or Firefox > sign in > click Schedule a Meeting.
- On the following screen, enter the meeting topic, alter the date, time and duration, manage and pick the Audio, Video and Meeting alternatives according to your inclination > hit Save.
- To access and manage a planned meeting, click the profile symbol > on the left, click Meetings. Your booked meetings will show up under the Upcoming Meetings tab. You can tap on the ideal meeting to alter or erase it.
How to share screen on JioMeet
JioMeet lets you share your screen in a meeting, while you’re utilizing the app on your telephone, PC or the web. Follow these means.
To share your screen while utilizing JioMeet on iOS, follow these means.
- Tap Share from the meeting screen > tap Screen Share Start > tap Start Broadcast.
- To stop, tap Stop Share > tap Screen Share Stop > tap Stop Broadcast.
- To share your screen while utilizing JioMeet on Android, follow these means.
- Tap Share from the meeting screen > from the spring up that appears, tap Start Now to begin.
To stop screen sharing, tap Stop Share > tap Stop Share.
Moreover, you can also Share Screen from the app’s home screen. To do that, follow these means.
- Open the app > sign in > tap Share Screen > enter the Meeting ID and password.
- You’ll currently join the meeting and you’ll also get a spring up asking in the event that you want to start sharing your screen, feel free to tap Start Broadcast or Start Share.
To stop screen sharing, tap Stop Share > tap Stop Share.
To share your screen while utilizing JioMeet on a PC, follow these means.
- Tap Share Screen from the meeting screen.
- On the following screen, you can either pick Desktop to share whatever there is on your PC screen or you can browse the individual apps/screens referenced. When you’ve made your decision, tap Share Screen to begin.
- To stop screen sharing, tap the red Stop sharing button present at the top of the meeting window.
Unfortunately, the screen sharing feature doesn’t chip away at the Web rendition of JioMeet.
Advanced JioMeet features
- JioMeet has just launched as of late and because of that, there aren’t that many features or even elite ones, that separates it from its competitors. While utilizing JioMeet on your telephone, you can tap More to access a couple of advanced features, and we’ve recorded the best ones beneath.
- By going in Meeting Settings, clients can decide to Lock or Unlock a meeting. When you’ve bolted a meeting, more participants (apart from the ones who are already there) won’t have the option to join.
- Plus, you can also toggle on features, for example, play ring on passage or leave, show name of a participant when they join and quiet participants on section.
- From the meeting, the host can also quiet all participants on the double by hitting the Participants tab and choosing quiet all.
The PC app is pretty barebones with the main choices present being the ability to chat among participants and sharing your screens. Then again, the web variant of JioMeet swaps the screen sharing feature with recording a meeting. However, during our testing, we took a stab at recording meetings via the Web yet once we stopped the chronicle, the recorded clasp was mysteriously gone on our PC. We trust it is fixed soon in a future rendition of the administration.
Is JioMeet safe to utilize?
On JioMeet’s site, the company claims that meetings on JioMeet are scrambled. However, apart from this, the company hasn’t revealed any details regarding start to finish encryption yet. Although, a brief glance at the company’s privacy strategy reveals that the company will gather your personal data, for example, your name, age, sexual orientation and so forth along with information about the items and administrations you are keen on. No major privacy issues have surfaced at the hour of composing.
Similarities with Zoom
We have already referenced earlier in this article that the JioMeet app looks quite similar to the Zoom app visually. However, with regards to the features, all the basic ones found on the Zoom app are available on JioMeet as well, making up for similar client experience. Instead, when utilizing Zoom, you just get 40 minutes of free video conferencing immediately for up to 100 participants, however with JioMeet, there’s no such time limit and the administration is free for up to 100 participants. However, JioMeet is still at an early stage and to all the more likely contend with Zoom, it despite everything needs to add a ton of extra features, for example, the ability to record meetings via the PC app, or the ability to share your screen via the web customer, or changing your background.